Showplace There are no products.
- • In just a very few years Showplace has gone from a standing start to being a major national brand. That's... More
- • In just a very few years Showplace has gone from a standing start to being a major national brand. That's because a whole lot of customers like the Showplace mix of quality, flexibility and price. Showplace production has gone from 50 cabinets daily in early 2000 to nearly 800 per day just a few years later.
• It all began with an idea: Create a cabinetry brand that makes sense. A small group of experienced cabinetry professionals gathered together in 1999, headed by Tony Bour, a name well known in this industry. This group shared a vision for a brand that offered the most-wanted features to the most people. But this vision also included some important differences from other brands. Like modifications that were comprehensive and affordable, often without charge. Like specialty style and finish options that were also affordably priced. Like a product offering that was complete, yet not overly complex, or weighed down with too many restrictions and limitations.
• This vision became reality in a brand new production facility in southeastern South Dakota in 2000. Since then the Showplace facility has grown into two production plants, having expanded five times and nearly quadrupling its initial square footage. Along the way, Showplace transitioned to being 100% employee-owned. And every Showplace cabinet is proudly American made.
• The original vision of the founding team laid the path but it's the people of Showplace who walk the walk. You'll find a bunch of typical South Dakotans here: People who work hard and care about what they do. People who are naturally friendly and helpful because, well, that's just the way we are. From top management to customer service to the workers on the line: We're all proud of the brand we've created – the brand we all own – and personally invested in the products we send out the door.
• But nobody at Showplace is resting on success. Our brand and its offerings have grown a lot in just a very few years, to the point that the label "semi-custom" hardly fits anymore. Features like custom paint color matching, sizing to the sixteenth inch, finish sheen choices, and free glazing have moved the brand much closer to true custom cabinetry, but still at a mid-market price point. And you can expect Showplace to keep growing in the future.
1: Face frames are 3/4" thick select hardwood components, dadoed to receive tops, bottoms and end panels.
2: The hand-applied finish is sealed and given an oven-baked topcoat of catalyzed varnish for lasting durability, in satin or matte sheen.
3: Soft-close full-extension drawer glides are concealed under the box.
4: Shelves are a hefty 3/4" thick and adjustable.
5: Adjustable hinges have a soft-close action.
6: Showplace offers three interior choices. Learn about them.
7: All-wood construction for structural rigidity and lasting durability.